One of my favorite things to do during the cold winter months is to add hot chocolate mix to my coffee and make a kind of improvised Cafe Mocha. The Cafe Mocha Nightcap recipe I want to share with you guys is essentially just making a rich hot chocolate and adding a shot of coffee booze, but it’s perfect for cozy winter nights around the fire, alone or with company. Its rich and decadent tasting, with a nice boozy kick, and, once again, super easy to make! (You may be noticing a pattern here – I’m a big fan of simple recipes with minimal ingredients).
What You Need:
- 1 package of hot chocolate mix (Swiss Miss works great)
- 1 cup milk (or your favorite non-dairy substitute)
- 1 oz Coffee-Infused Vodka
- Whipped topping
- Step 1: Pour milk into small sauce pan and heat until steam begins to rise.
- Step 2: Add hot chocolate mix and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Step 3: Pour 1 oz of Coffee-Infused Vodka into bottom of heat-safe glass or mug.
- Step 4: Add the hot chocolate mixture into the same glass or mug.
- Step 5: Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with that last little bit of extra hot chocolate mix left over in the used package (there’s always that little pinch stuck in the corner, why let it go to waste? 😉 )
- Step 6: Sip, Savor, & Enjoy!
I tried this on a whim because I was excited to use the coffee-infused vodka I made – I really love how it came out and I hope you guys love it too! 😀 😀 😀