Fun fact about me #33, I have very recently become vegan (since New Year’s day 2017). One of the things I miss most is sweets, chocolate especially. It’s so hard to find chocolate products that don’t use milk, so when I found a bag of vegan chocolate chips in my local grocery, I snapped it up quick. I had no idea what to do with it once I got home, but I looked at what I had in the kitchen, which wasn’t much at the time, and inspiration struck – a super simple fudge! And since I dig coffee (what? who? me?), I of course had to put an espresso twist to it.
This fudge is very easy with only 4 ingredients (3 if you leave out the espresso), quick and simple to throw together on a whim, and tastes rich and decadent and creamy and actually very similar to dark chocolate covered coffee beans.
What You Need:
- 1 10 oz bag of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of instant espresso
- Step 1: Line a baking dish with wax paper (I used an 8x6x2 in baking dish)
- Step 2: Pour the coconut milk in a medium size sauce pan and heat on low.
- Step 3: Add in sugar and stir until melted.
- Step 4: Add in instant espresso and stir until melted.
- Step 5: Slowly add in chocolate chips, I go about a handful at a time, stirring until completely melted.
- Step 6: Remove from heat and pour into wax paper lined baking dish. Refrigerate until firm (is that the right word? I feel like that’s a weird word to use… firm. firm. Ok, I’ll go now)
- Step 7: Enjoy! Makes about 10 2x2x1 in squares.
I love how rich and creamy and just overall decadent this came out – I hope you like it too! <3 <3 <3